Basic Rock & Shuffles
Basic rock and shuffles
How to use this course
This is a fifteen week course. You will receive one new module every seven days.
1. This course will give you an introduction to the most basic Rock and Shuffle grooves that you are likely to play when you join a band or play along with pop and rock music on the radio.
2. All the grooves here are taken from DrumSense volume 1, pages 1 and 2.
How to practice.
1. Counting the notes out loud when you’re playing is essential. Vocalising the parts that you’re playing what help you to get everything in time.
2. How to count the Rock Groups:
Rock groups are simply counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
3. How to Count the Shuffle Groups:
Shuffle grooves are counted “one and two and three and four and five and six and seven and eight and”
How to practise these sections.
1. Click on the video and watch the video in its entirety.
2. Download the PDF of the exercise.
3. Click on the player below the video to listen to the beat. You will be able to download a MIDI file of the beats to your iPod or other MP3 player to play along with.
There are four versions of each one of these play-a-longs. Each one represents a practice level within the Drumnosis system.
1. Beginner level is being able to play the beat at 60 bpm for 2 1/2 minutes.
2. Intermediate level is being able to play the beat at 60 bpm for five minutes,
3. Advanced level is being able to play the beat at 60 bpm for 10 minutes
4. Elite level is being able to play the beat at 60 bpm for 20 minutes.
Your ultimate goal is to reach elite level
Do not rush.
This is much more difficult than it looks and requires quite a lot of concentration.
No Reviews found for this course.